To pick up the best quality ceramic cookware set, a person has to go through an overwhelming quest. A consumer has to keeps so many things in concern in this quest like is it really the high end ceramic cookware set on the market now?
Then, comes the safety aspect. Another question arises, is it really the safest ceramic cookware for my family? So, in every way, to choose quality ceramic cookware is a difficult task.
There are many types of cookware today, each enticing in its own way, so you can easily be tempted to pick up the first attractive set you come across. But is it right for you?
If it’s anything other than ceramic cookware, perhaps it comes with its own advantages, but ceramic cookware is considered better than most others. That’s because it is inbuilt with health benefits which others might not have. In the interests of your health, therefore, it's crucial that you ask for the best ceramic cookware and buy only that.
Let’s learn a little more about ceramic cookware before actually buying it.
What Is Ceramic Cookware?
Modern cookware is better-known as ceramic cookware. The best ceramic cookware is generally baked in a kiln and is sturdy, robust, strong and durable. It is also less likely to be damaged.
Once baked, it is glazed. This gives it a non-stick coating and makes it highly stain-resistant. Glazing is done at an extremely high temperature, so when cooking, the heat should not exceed low-medium.
The best ceramic cookware cannot be cooked on induction stoves because they do not contain many metal alloys. This cookware is best used for baking or as serving dishes. It is environment-friendly but chips and receives scratches easily.
How to Choose the Best Ceramic Cookware?
When you’re out shopping for ceramic cookware, look out for these factors as they could lead you to buy the best among ceramic cookware:
- Does It Match Your Need?
Why do you want to buy ceramic cookware? If you can answer this question, then you can go ahead and buy it. Perhaps, you want to do a lot of baking or searing of meat. So, if this matches the kind of food you’re going to eat, then ceramic cookware is for you.
- Quality Products
Look out for the best ceramic cookware with tightly-fitting lids and handles. Only they will last you for many years.
- Buy Ceramic Cookware for Its Strong Construction
Not only should the ceramic cookware you buy be of durable construction, but it should also be ergonomically designed. Besides, strong heat resistance is another factor that would go in its favor. Also, check for handles that are securely fastened for easy use and a lid of tempered glass.
- Ceramic Coated or Pure Ceramic
Make a choice between pure ceramic cookware and ceramic coated cookware. The former is heavy and chips easily but is free of all chemicals and metals. On the other hand, ceramic coated cookware comprises a piece of aluminum coated with a ceramic layer. This makes it lightweight.
However, you can’t use metal utensils along with it because that would scratch off the glaze.
- Large or Small Cookware Sets
Depending on the size of your family and what you want to cook, you can go in for a small or large set of ceramic cookware. Choose a comfortable shape and attractive color and design, and you've gifted yourself the best ceramic cookware.
- Dishwasher Safe?
It’s not enough to have a good performer or a good-looker, your utensils should also be easy to clean. If they are "dishwasher safe," that's fine. However, the best ceramic cookware sets that you possess should always be hand-washed since it has a Teflon base. If you want an easy clean-up, look for something that's dishwasher-safe.
- The Ideal Price
Choose from the best ceramic cookware sets that have all the features you’re looking for in your cookware.
- Is There A Warranty on This?
Your ceramic cookware should have at least a year’s warranty. This will be important if it has a defect or any other problem because then it can be returned for something else.
Top 7 Best Ceramic Cookware Reviews:
To make your work easy, we have reviewed the top seven ceramic cookware sets. Most importantly, all ceramic cookware we reviewed is top-notch and brilliantly crafted. Now, check it out and choose the best ceramic cookware set for you and your family.
1. WearEver 15 pieces Ceramic Cookware set
WearEver latest ceramic cookware is grace for any kitchen enthusiasts. They crafted their ceramic surface exclusively. And you just can’t get over it. So, now let’s unfold the specific features of these top rated ceramic cookware set.
WearEver 15 pieces Ceramic Cookware set Key Features Review:
- Ceramic Interior: Even if you use this ceramic cookware set on a daily basis, the food still never sticks. The set resists scratcher or stains, because of ceramic interior. It’s PFOA, PTFE, lead, and Cadmium free.
- Oven and dishware safe: Its oven safe and dishware safe up to 350°F.
- Aluminum body: It’s ceramic coated with the high quality aluminum base. And it offers heat distribution so that you can cook properly.
- Handles: The handles are riveted and soft-touch, and can manage temperature up to 350 Degree F.
Includes in the set: In the entire deal, you will get a 5-quart dutch oven with lid; 3-quart 2-quart, and 1-quart sauce pans with lids; a 3.5-quart deep saute pan with lid; 10-inch and 8-inch fry pans; a steamer insert and a 12-inch fry pan with lid.
This ceramic cookware set is definitely an exceptional and best affordable ceramic cookware set. If you want to purchase ceramic cookware, it’s definitely a good option. Plus you are getting 15 pieces at such a reasonable price.
With proper maintenance, it will last for a long time. In every way, it’s a win-win situation.
2. T-fal C921SG74 Initiatives Ceramic Nonstick 16-Piece Set
T-fal is a renowned name for ages and gave us some top ceramic cookware sets. This brand embraces some useful features at a very reasonable Price.
T-fal 16 Piece Cookware Set Key Features Review:
- Ultra-durable ceramic nonstick interior: This innovative ceramic interior resists staining and scratches. It also offers superior performance, and also make sure that the good look of the cookware set lasts for a long time.
- Durable aluminum construction: Because of the heavy aluminum core, the heat distributed evenly, and you get efficient cooking. What is more, you can check through the tempered glass lids to supervise your cooking. Isn’t it great? Most importantly, the meal is PTFE-, Cadmium-, and PFOA-free.
- Suitable for: It can manage high cooking-surface temperatures which are up to 570 degrees F. So, definitely more than perfect for searing fish, meat or poultry, etc.
- Easy Clean Exterior: T-fal ceramic cookware has a non-stick exterior. And it’s very easy to clean. Interestingly enough, you don’t even have to spend much time to clean.
- Price: The price is very cheap. At the moment, I am checking the price, it’s below $60 for 16 pieces. Unbelievable. |It’s definitely a lucrative offer.
Includes in the set: It’s a 16 piece cookware set. And the entire set includes 11-inch fry pan with lid, 7.5-inch fry pan, 2-quart and 1-quart sauce pans with lids, 10-inch square griddle, 6 nylon tools, and 5-quart dutch oven with lid.
This is kind of a cookware set in which you can rely on cooking efficiency and durability. It won’t disappoint you in any way. Definitely, these best non stick ceramic cookware has must try product.
3. GreenLife Soft Grip 16pc Ceramic Non-Stick Cookware Set, Turquoise
GreenLife Ceramic cookware set is considered as a versatile ceramic cookware set. It’s a popular pick among the consumers.
GreenLife 16pc Ceramic Cookware Set Specific Features:
- Design: The design of GreeLife set is very sophisticated. It comes with 6 different, stylish colors which include turquoise, burgundy, black diamond, red, black and lavender. Some color options are very rare to find in other cookware sets.
- Aluminum Reinforced body: It involves a sturdy aluminum reinforced body which also works as a brilliant heat conductor. It’s also exclusively designed of Thermolon technology with soft grip handles which are also very comfortable. It’s free of cadmium, PFAS, PFOA or lead. So, the food is free of toxin. And you and your family get entirely health meal.
- Durable handles: The handles have a very soft grip. Most importantly, they always stay cool. Moreover, they are rivet free and very comfortable and easy to clean. One thing you should be careful about these handles, it’s better if you don’t place them high heat. It’s kind of plastic. With high heat, the color can go away, and exterior look can be compromised.
- Suitable for: It’s quite suitable every method of cooking except induction. You can use it on any stovetop or gas ranges. It’s perfectly alright.
Includes in the set: The entire set offers you 7” open frypan, 4” mini frypan, 1QT covered saucepan, 9.5” open frypan, 2QT covered saucepan2.5QT covered sauté pan, 7” stainless steel steamer, 5QT covered stockpot, and 4 kitchen utensils.
After Greenlife ceramic cookware reviews except for a few drawbacks, it’s the best ceramic cookware set in every way. It’s value for the money.
4. GreenPan Rio 12pc Ceramic Non-Stick Cookware Set, Black
If you hold perfection and convenience above everything, then it’s the best rated ceramic cookware set for you. It’s a very high quality product and in every way a crowning glory to your kitchen.
GreenPan Rio 12 pc Cookware Set Key Features Review:
- Healthy Meal: To make a healthy meal is the first priority of every kitchen enthusiast. Because of the ceramic base, it’s very convenient to prepare healthy food every day. In fact, this cookware doesn’t need even oil. You can prepare egg pouch bacon or pancake without no oil. No worries, it will never stick. If you want to use oil, just use a few drops of oil. And your food ready to prepare. Low oily food also helps you to maintain your diet.
- Ergonomic Handles: The handles of GreenPan cookware set are heat resistant. They also have metal work with hole so that you can hang them. The handles are super flexible so that you can have a soft and comfortable grip.
- Lids: The set also designed with glass lids which are quite heat resistant. It let you monitor the food. However, the set doesn’t come with eyelet.
Comes with: The entire set comes with 9.5” open frypan, 8” open frypan, 9.5 covered sautepan, 2qt covered saucepan, 1qt covered saucepan, 5qt covered casserole, and 3qt covered saucepan.
This ceramic cookware set is very durable and safe. It’s definitely a very suitable choice for health enthusiasts. Highly recommended.
5. Cook N Home NC-00358 Nonstick Ceramic Coating 10-Piece Cookware Set, Green
If you need a functional cookware set at a very forgiving price, then cook n home ceramic cookware set suitable for you.
Cook N Home 10-piece ceramic cookware key feature Review:
- Made of: This cookware set made of thick gauge aluminum. So, it offers even heat conduction plus prevents hot spots.
- Non-stick Ceramic Coating: The non-stick ceramic coating is lead free, PFOA-Free, cadmium free, and PTFE-Free. It also makes cleaning part very easy.
- Ant-slip Handles: You will be quite comfortable with these handles. They will provide you with a good grip. Plus the handles also stay cool while you are cooking.
- Tempered glass lids: It comes with tempered glass lids so that you can observe the food. Isn't it fantastic?
- Different methods of cooking: This cookware function on electric, glass, halogen ceramic and gas. However, keeps in mind that, it’s not suitable for induction.
Comes with: This cookware set includes Bottom of Form 3 qt casserole, 1 and 2 qt saucepans, 8 and 9.5 in. fry pans and 5 qt dutch oven with lids.
This ceramic cookware set has a very positive rating among the consumers. It’s a like a hot cake among the kitchen enthusiasts. If you want to purchase a cheap but handy cookware set, then definitely it’s the best ceramic cookware set for you.
6. Calphalon 11 Piece Classic Ceramic Nonstick Cookware Set, Grey/White, Small
Calaphalon cookware set is a classic collection in kitchens world. It has a shiny black outside surface which is very attractive and easy to clean.
Calphalon 11 Piece Key Feature Review:
- Convenient cooking: This ceramic cookware set is made of durable hard-anodized aluminum. So, it heats the meal quickly and evenly. It designed exclusively for everyday cooking whatever it is boiling, simmering, frying, searing and more.
- Time-saving: This best ceramic coating cookware sets’ cool gadgets help you to cook quickly. It features suitable pour sprouts plus integrated straining holes allow you to drain excess liquid, and observe the meal while it’s cooking.
- Ceramic Non-stick Interior: Because of non-stick surface, the food will never stick to the interior. So, the cleaning is super convenient
- Versatile: This cookware set is convenient for different kind of cooking methods. It’s oven safe ceramic cookware up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s compatible with glass stovetops, electric ring, halogen, electric, and gas.
Comes with: The whole set comes with 10-in. Fry Pan, 8-in. Fry Pan, 12-in. Round Griddle, 1.5-qt. Sauce Pan with Cover, 2.5-qt. Sauce Pan with Cover, 3-qt. Sauté Pan with Cover, and 5-qt. Dutch Oven with Cover
This cookware set is great. It’s functional, and with its cool toys, you get a convenient cooking experience with this best ceramic cookware set. The food is also healthy and good. In every way, a must try cookware set.
7. Vremi 8 Piece Ceramic Nonstick Cookware Set:
Vremi enhances a class and flair to your kitchen with its stylish colors. It’s a non toxic ceramic cookware set which can liven up to any kitchen. Each piece of Vremi ceramic cookware set durable and lightweight.
Vremi 8 Piece Ceramic Nonstick Cookware Set key features review:
- Construction: Cooking with this cookware set is fun. You can do easily flip out because of curved construction. You can toss around your omelets, pancake, pasta or any meal you want. So, try your own recipe and have some fun with this set.
- Design: The design of this cookware set is extremely sophisticated. It has a bakelite ergonomic wood handles with which you can easily turn or toss. And also feature the lids for mess free stream release.
- Induction stovetop friendly: This ceramic cookware set has an induction compatible spiral bottom to function on electric, halogen or gas stove top.
- Cleaning: Because of the non-stick marble coated surface, the cleanup process is very convenient as the surface remains scratch free. You just need warm soap and water for hand wash. If you don’t like hand wash, then no problem, the set is also dishwasher safe.
Comes with: The entire set features, 1 casserole pot with lids, 2 dutch oven pots and 2 angled frying pan skillets.
I am quite impressed with this 100% ceramic cookware set. With a sophisticated design to functional features make it best ceramic cookware set, this set really made a mark. It’s really constructed to make your kitchen experience enjoyable.
Things To Consider Before Buying Ceramic Cookware and Common FAQs
Tips for Using Ceramic Cookware
Not many people know how best to use ceramic cookware. If you too want to get the most out of your ceramic cookware, follow the tips given below:
- Your ceramic cookware can be placed in the broiler, oven, convection oven, toaster oven, steamer oven and on the stovetop. You can also put it in the freezer and use it as a serving dish.
- After purchasing a ceramic pan, wash it with soap and warm water and dry it on a paper towel so that even the few dust particles of your ceramic pan are entirely removed.
- To preserve your non-stick ceramic pans, it's best to use nylon, silicone, wooden spoons or spatulas while cooking and serving.
- When you have food in your ceramic pan, do not cut it or it may leave scratch marks on the surface of the pan. By using safe utensils in combination with ceramic, you extend the life of the latter.
- To prevent food from sticking to the surface of the pan, add a little butter or oil before you begin cooking. Don’t use cooking spray as this can build up a residue which could contain harsh ingredients for this type of cookware.
- Don’t use extra virgin olive oil when cooking with the best non-stick ceramic cookware as it is not receptive to high heat and can leave behind a thin carbon-based layer on the cookware’s surface.
What are the benefits of ceramic cookware?
The best ceramic cookware offers a wide range of benefits to the modern-day user. Not only do they promote healthy eating, such as non-stick cooking, but their performance is quick. They are also highly durable and come in a wide range of attractive colors.
Here are the advantages of best-rated ceramic cookware:
- It distributes heat evenly:
A big advantage of this cookware is its ability to distribute heat evenly all over its surface. So, you needn’t worry about burning food while some parts remain raw and the rest cooked. It doesn’t need seasoning after each use, unlike cast iron cookware.
- It can safely be used at high temperatures
Usually, the best ceramic cookware sets come with an enamel coating, made of molten powdered glass. It is then finished with glazed porcelain. This gives it a high level of safety when used for cooking at high temperatures.
Thus, it can be used to sear meat, and for such cooking that needs high heat.
- It is highly durable
One of the most durable types of cookware, ceramic cookware does not corrode, nor does it need any seasoning or polishing. If you’re looking for top ceramic cookware with an enamel base comes with cast iron at the middle, with an enamel coating made up of glazed porcelain and molten powdered glass.
This combination makes ceramic cookware highly resistant to scratches, breakage, and chips. On the flip side, clay-based ceramic cookware is highly prone to chips and breakage.
- It is easy to clean
One of the easy-to-clean types of cookware, the best ceramic cookware has an enameled finish that keeps food from getting stuck to the surface. So, all it needs is a wipe down from you.
If you find food baked to the surface of the cookware, it can be removed easily with scouring powder. And you won’t destroy the hard coating of the cookware.
- It is aesthetically appealing
All ceramic cookware is appealing to the eye. They come in a delightful range of colors and shapes and are designed to have a glazed or an enameled surface. So, they are excellent as serving dishes or just to display in your kitchen.
How do you cook with ceramic cookware?
You might be aware that 100% ceramic cookware conducts heat efficiently and evenly, so you never have to increase the flame. If your stovetop to low or low-medium, that’s fine. If you do overheat your ceramic cookware, it will result in the cookware developing a thermal crack which will only nullify your warranty.
Instead, keep it low and go slow so that you retain the flavor of the food you cook and prevent it from sticking to the bottom and burning. Once your cookware reaches its ideal temperature, lower the heat because genuine ceramic will work to keep in the heat much longer than other cookware.
When cooking with high-quality ceramic cookware, use oil sparingly, depending on what you cook. Don’t use butter since it burns at a low temperature.
Another aspect of ceramic cookware is its sensitivity to sudden fall in temperature. If this happens, thaw frozen food well before putting it in hot ceramic cookware. Don’t add cold water to such a pan or it could crack.
Why is ceramic cookware good for cooking?
Ceramic cookware is ideal for cooking for the following reasons:
- It Is Non-Reactive: No matter what the size, shape, and thickness of your ceramic cookware is, it certainly isn't reactive. This means you can also cook acidic foods in it and it won’t leach into your food.
- It Transfers Heat More Efficiently: The base of all ceramic cookware is made of aluminum, so conduction and transfer of heat are even, quick and efficient. This makes cooking in ceramic cookware not just power-saving but economical too.
- It is Non-Stick: One of its chief properties is its non-stick nature or Teflon. Ceramic is so smooth that it needs little or no oil to prevent food from sticking to the bottom of the cookware.
- It Is Lightweight: Ceramic’s aluminum base and ceramic coating contribute to making it lightweight, which is preferable to using heavy cookware.
Are ceramic cookware sets safe?
Though people love using ceramic cookware, often the question regarding its safety pops up, so let’s discuss ceramic cookware’s pros and cons.
Ceramic cookware is Free from Toxins
The non-stick coating on ceramic cookware is entirely free of toxins, contrary to public opinion. Its ingredients are completely inorganic and comprise silicon and oxygen. Being inorganic, it does not contain carbon. Hence it is eco-friendly.
It also does not contain any chemicals, and certainly does not contain PFOA and PTFE as Teflon does. A matter of grave concern is the porcelain glaze on certain ceramic cookware, since it contains small amounts of lead.
Though small, this amount is powerful enough to cause us harm from within. For instance, it can cause us stomach pain, loss of appetite, and loss of memory. However, the good news is that not all ceramic cookware is brushed with lead, so it’s not all dangerous for use.
So, should you use it?
Yes, there are several interesting reasons to use it. In fact, the safest ceramic cookware has these features:
- It Is Non-Stick: Being non-stick, you can cook without food sticking to the base of the pan. Also, it washes very easily with a wet sponge and mild washing soap or liquid. Or, dip it in warm water and wash off.
- It Is Multi-Functional: Though its primary function is to be a cooking apparatus, it also serves as a food container for leftovers and as a serving dish. Some models of quality ceramic cookware come with lids for better cooking and storage.
Is ceramic cookware safe for the environment?
The inorganic nature of ceramic coated cookware makes it heat-resistant to a maximum of 450°C. At this temperature, it does neither release any toxic fumes into your cooked food or the environment nor does it leach substances. This renders it 100% safe for the environment and you.
Ceramic cookware is of two types: clay-based or a metal body with ceramic coating. The former is safe for the environment, but for the fact that it has a glazed coating whose ingredient is lead.
It's chemical composition resembles that of sand and clay. Once it degrades, it will be safe for the environment and for our health. Once it chips or cracks, it should not be used either for cooking or serving.
Other reasons that contribute to its safety include the following:
- It transfers heat slowly and does not explode when there is a sudden temperature difference.
- It has stable chemical properties, and it is highly durable, making it far superior to iron, copper, and aluminum.
- It does not react with salt, carbonic acid gas, alkali, and acid in the atmosphere, so it doesn't rust, nor does it age.
- The sizes of ceramic cookware are quite small, and its water absorption capacity is also proportionately low.
Is ceramic better than non-stick?
A comparison between ceramic and non-stick or Teflon has always been a matter of great interest to everyone. Here, the chief difference is in the non-stick coating’s composition. It’s a well-known fact that Teflon emits toxic fumes when heated at a particular temperature.
If you cook at high heat, therefore, Teflon could react with the heat to break down and emit PFOA which causes health conditions like testicular cancer, kidney disease, thyroid disease, low birth weight, and infertility.
Ceramic coating, on the other hand, is free of cadmium, lead, PFOA, and PTFE. If a ceramic coating made of natural minerals is used in your ceramic cookware, it will not leach poisonous substances into your food or while you cook.
To sum up, both types are non-stick in nature. The only difference is that each one has a different coating on its cooking surface. Both coatings lead to a short lifespan. The non-stick coating wears off in time, and users complain that it's sticky.
On the other hand, Teflon cookware tends to peel off. When you see this happen to yours, it’s time to trash it.
Both ceramic and Teflon demand that you use silicone or wooden spoons. Both are also oven-safe, but the maximum temperature of each differs depending on the kind of coating it has, and its lid and handles.
Though some models allow for dishwashing, yet hand washing is preferred. Whether you opt for high-end ceramic cookware or an ordinary one, look out for these features.
How long does ceramic cookware last?
Ceramic coated cookware is soft in composition, so it demands gentle handling so that it doesn’t chip. With constant use, it generally degrades over the years, and therefore can safely be used for about three to five years. Dry the cookware completely or leave it to air dry.
Is ceramic cookware scratch resistant? How do you get scratches out of ceramic pans?
Ceramic cookware has higher levels of scratch-resistance than Teflon. If your cookware does develop scratches, you can get rid of them easily. For this, put a few drops of dish soap into warm water in a bowl. Dip a cleaning cloth into the solution and use it to eliminate all scratches in the cookware.
How do you get burnt oil off a ceramic pan?
To remove burned oil from a ceramic pan, rinse out everything from the pan, so that food particles don't get stuck to its surface. Now, pour a cup of white vinegar and four cups of water or a little less into the pan. Place the pan on the stove and turn it on to "Low." Allow it to boil for about five minutes.
Turn off the stove and wait till the solution cools completely. Take the pan to the sink and scrape it’s inside using a scraper. Next, scrub the pan with a scrubber. Pour out the solution and check the pan for any traces remaining. If they remain, repeat the process until the burned oil is completely removed.
Do ceramic frying pans need oil?
You can’t entirely do without oil while cooking, and so it is with ceramic cookware. Here, you use just wee bit of oil or butter to evenly and lightly coat the pan’s inside surface when cooking. By applying the minimal oil, you keep food from sticking to the base of the pan and retain the coating for longer.
However, when choosing an oil to begin cooking with, don't choose cooking sprays as they lead to a build-up of residue that contains harsh ingredients. Similarly, extra virgin olive oil should also be avoided as it is not high heat-resistant and leaves a layer of carbon on the pan’s surface.
What is the ideal temperature for use with ceramic cookware?
The maximum temperature beyond which ceramic cookware should not be heated is 2500° F. It cannot accept high heat, so while cooking, it’s better to cook on low to medium flame.
Is Ceramic Cookware expensive?
No, ceramic cookware is not expensive, in fact, it's quite affordable. It's quite common to find a 10-piece ceramic cookware set that costs anything between $50-$60. The price of ceramic cookware can also go up to about $100-$150, which is just right for a family.
Now that you’ve read through all about ceramic cookware, it’s time you explore the market and check out the various brands available there and their features. But not before you’ve read a handful of ceramic cookware reviews. Then, take your time to buy, judging by the size, usability, and appearance. And yes, you won’t have to go far to look for the best quality ceramic cookware because the market is full of them.